£4.50 – £15.00
‘Soapnuts’ have been used for centuries to clean laundry naturally. They are in fact the dried fruit shells harvested from Soapberry trees, and contain naturally occurring saponin (a mild detergent) which is released on contact with water. A favourite for those with sensitive skin, they are suitable for use with wool, silk and delicate fabrics as well as being a natural choice for baby’s laundry.
Soapnuts can also be used to make other DIY household cleaning products (always use a trusted recipe from a reputable source).
Directions for Use:
- Place between 4-8 soapnut shells, depending on soiling of clothes, into a small wash bag (we recommend a cotton or muslin bag).
- If you like, add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to the bag/sopanuts for some natural fragrance.
- Place into the drum of your washing machine along with your laundry.
- Wash clothes as per fabric instructions.
- Keep the used Soapnut shells and reuse up to 4 times!
- Can be home composted or put in garden waste when you’re finished with them.
Ingredients: Certified Organic Soapnuts