Bamboo charcoal water filters are the natural way to filter out impurities in tap water such as chlorine and chloramines. Reusable for up to 2 months and home compostable at end of life, they are a great zero waste alternative to plastic water filters. (You can even reuse them around the home after they have expired as water filters; place in the fridge to help keep produce fresh, help remove smells from your fridge or bathroom, or use to help remove moisture from damp areas!)
Directions For Use:
Use approx: 1 litre jug = 3 – 4 pieces; 2 litre jug = 6 – 8 pieces
1. Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
2. Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise & allow to cool and dry.
3. Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
4. Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It’s then ready to drink.
5. Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
6. Replace with new charcoal after 2 months approx.
Packaging: Reusable cotton bag.