F A Q
Shopping In-Store & Refills
When are you open?
Where is your shop?
We are located in The Peacocks Shopping Centre, Woking, GU21 6GD.
Can I bring any container to refill?
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that their containers are fit for purpose. Please see our Refilling Best Practise page for more guidance. We cannot accept food/drinks containers for refilling, and retain the right to refuse a container if we think it is unsuitable or dangerous.
Can I bring any size container to refill?
Yes! Part of the joy of refilling is that you can buy as much or as little as you need.
What safety measures will you have in place during the health crisis?
We have completed a full Covid-19 risk assessment of our business, and follow current government guidance and legislation on keeping everyone safe. This includes:
- We are only accepting contactless payments i.e. card/ Apple Pay/ Amex etc.
- All staff are wearing face coverings.
- We are sanitising our hands and relevant equipment in between serving each customer, and have a rigorous daily cleaning schedule in place.
- Hand sanitiser is available for our customers to use.
- We have 1 serving point, and 2m markings on the floor around the store - please adhere to social distancing while you browse and wait to be served.
If you would like to see our full Covid-19 risk assessement please make an enquiry on our contact form.
Am I in your Local Delivery zone?
We currently cover the postcodes: GU21, GU22, GU23, GU24.
How do I order?
- Browse and order your products on our website, and add any extra labels you need for labelling your own bottles at home.
- Select your delivery slot at checkout from the dates available.
- Select the ‘Local Delivery’ shipping option to get our local delivery flat rate of £3.25.
How do the refills work?
- We deliver refills in returnable Bare + Fair bottles in standard sizes.
- When you are finished with our bottles, please give them a quick rinse out and return them to us to reuse over and over again!
- You can return empty Bare + Fair bottles to us either by leaving them out by your door on a day we are delivering to you and we'll pick them up, or drop them to us in store.
What can I leave out for you to collect on delivery day?
- Empty Bare + Fair refill containers (5 Litre, 1 Litre, 500ml bottles)
- Used LiveCoco toothbrush heads, Puremess tins and FitPit jars which we return to these suppliers to be reused/recycled.
- Any product packaging, boxes etc from products we have delivered to you; we reuse what we can and recycle to rest.
Can I get spare labels for labelling my own bottles/containers at home?
Yes you can - select ‘Extra Labels’ in any of the refill categories and choose which labels you need. We do not charge for these.
Can I purchase bottles form you?
Yes! We are gradually expanding our range of 'Bottles for Life' available to buy on our website. These are high quality glass bottles designed to be refilled and reused over and over again.
Why do you deliver in plastic bottles?
This is not a decision we made lightly; after much research and consideration we cam e to the conclusion that in the long-term and in our business context they have the lowest environmental impact:
- They are easy to clean and sterilise which minimises our water and energy usage.
- They don’t break (like glass) which avoids unnecessary waste.
- Our labels adhere very well to them, minimising waste/usage of plastic labels.
- Our research showed that long-term (taking into account production, durability, transportation and recycling at end of life), reusable plastics have a much lower carbon footprint than glass.
- They are much lighter than glass which means we will eventually be able to deliver by cargo bike.
- As a family with young children, we wanted to use as safe a bottle as possible; our plastic bottles don’t break, and can be fitted with child safety caps.
Is your delivery service carbon neutral?
In 2020 we trialled zero-emissions, cargo bike deliveries with a local bicycle courier company. Sadly they recently had to stop their service so we are now pursuing other similar options. Our trial proved it can be done! In the meantime we will be offsetting carbon emissions from our deliveries as a short-term solution.
I’m not in your local delivery zone - can I still get a delivery?
We may be able to stretch to you for an additional fee to cover costs - get in touch and we’ll see if we can help!